Webinars discuss retained ownership of livestock
Ag producers interested in learning about the practice of retained ownership of livestock are invited to participate in a series of webinars beginning this month.
Starting March 17, the Wyoming Business Council (WBC) and the University of Wyoming (UW) Extension Service began hosting nine webinar sessions on what to consider when contemplating retained ownership, or the practice of keeping cattle longer than normal before selling.
All sessions are free and will be held online on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. To attend a webinar, visit gotowebinar.com and click on the “Join a Webinar” button to register. Enter the ID number 463-413-115, which should be used for each session. If any sessions are missed, they may be viewed later by visiting the WBC, UW Animal Science, or UW Extension Web sites and clicking on the webinar link. For more information, please contact John Henn at 307/777-2847, or Dr. Steve Paisley at 307/760- 1561. Webinar topics and dates include:
• March 17 Market Outlook – Why consider retained ownership? (Jim Robb, Livestock Marketing Information Center)
• March 19 Value of export markets to the beef industry (John Hinners, U.S. Meat Export Federation)
• Wyoming Verified – Adding age and source verification value (John Henn, WBC)
• March 24 Marketing finished cattle (Tim Schiefelbein)
• March 26 Determining
the value of preconditioning (Dr. Steve Paisley, UW)
• March 31 What to look for when shopping for a feedlot (John Henn) AND a Feedlot Panel
• April 2 Cow/Calf Panel
• April 7 Animal tracking technology and tools (Dale Blasi, Kansas State University)
• April 9 Record keeping – How to use the data? (Tim Davis, Cow Sense)
• April 14 How to incorporate management and marketing changes (Steve Paisley, John Henn) — WLJ